A celebrity hairstylist, had launched an affordable care line called Kristin Ess shampoo and conditioners for curly hair and I couldn’t wait to try it! I was so excited knowing that the products are available at Target. I have been following Kristin Ess on social media for a while and I have been in love with her amazing hairstyle creations. She created a line of hair care products that were curly girl friendly after receiving a lot of requests from her customers.
The curly hair care line from Kristin Ess consists of six products as follows, each is priced at under $15:
- Moisture Rich Curl Shampoo, priced at $12.
- Ultra Hydrating Curl Co-Wash, priced at $14.
- Moisture Rich Curl Conditioner, priced at $12.
- Ultra Hydrating Curl Repair Mask, priced at $14.
- Weightless Shine Curl Defining Jelly, priced at $14, and
- Ultra Hydrating Curl Leave-In Cream, priced at $10.
I had tried all of the curly hair care line products above, except for the Ultra Hydrating Co-Wash. In addition, I also tried Kristin Ess Anytime Anywhere Scalp Plus Hair Milk Oil as a sealant for my curly hair.
Kristin Ess Curly Hair Line Review on YouTube
I know Kristin Ess hair care products have so many loyal fans and somehow it gave me a high expectation of her curly hair product line. So I tried these products with some expectations and broke down the pros and cons of Kristin Ess curly hair care line below.
Advantages of Kristin Ess Curly Hair Line
- The products are very affordable. They are available at Target which you can easily find across the country. This hair care line is a great choice for curly hair care under $15.
- I love the design. They have a classic and simple design for the packaging, the label, and the color choice. The design is beautiful and stunning.
- The shampoo comes with an applicator tip to help clean your scalp. The applicator made my scalp and hair very fresh and clean after the shampoo.
- It deeply moisturizes your hair. My hair was very moisturized after I did the hair routine using this product line.
Disadvantages of Kristin Ess Shampoo and Conditioner
- It makes your hair feels heavy. After finishing the hair routine, my hair felt heavy and I felt some residue on it. The top part of my hair was like sticking close to my scalp although I didn’t put the products on my hair roots. After doing the hair routine with these hair care line products, my hair felt weighed down.
- The products come with a very thick consistency, except for the leave-in conditioner and the shampoo. This thickness made it difficult to use or spread evenly across my hair.
- I had to use a lot of the leave-in cream to make sure it can cover my hair effectively.
- Dry frizz. I had a lot of frizz after my hair dried. There was no frizz at all when my hair was wet. But I was surprised that when my hair dried, I had more frizz than usual, although I used the same styling routine I use almost every day. This means that the leave-in cream and the defining jelly didn’t get to my hair roots. And although I used the hair milk plus oil, it seemed like it couldn’t seal the moisture.
- The information is not detailed enough. I think it’s better if the product mentioned specifically the hair type it is suitable to use for and how is the strength of the styling product. I would love it if it mentioned what kind of curl pattern is suitable for the product or if the styler had a super strong hold or lighter. It would help me decide on how much I need to use the product for the best results.
In conclusion, Kristin Ess shampoo and conditioner for curly hair was a “no” for me. I liked the shampoo, it was great to clean my scalp and my hair. However, I must say “no” to the other products from this hair care line. I’ve been searching for other reviews about these hair care products and turns out I’m not the only one who felt a little bit disappointed with the result. It was less than my expectations.
How about you? Please share your thoughts in the comment section if you have tried this hair care line!