If you suffer from anxiety, you know how crippling it can be. From being unable to go into public places to being unable to perform simple tasks, it can severely interfere with your life. Learning the basics of anxiety management is crucial to being able to survive.
Listing comes in many forms. Some of them include:
- Listing three objects you can see, three objects you can hear, and then moving three body parts
- Listing five objects you can see, four objects you can hear, three objects you can feel, two things you can smell and one you can taste.
- Listing and spelling five words with five letters, four words with four letters, three words with three letters and two words with two letters
- Listing tangible objects that you can see and feel during a panic attack
Listing can help you while you are in the middle of a panic attack, but it may not help everyone.
Several medications are useful in managing anxiety. These medications are:
- Antianxiety medications – there are antianxiety-specific medications like buspirone.
- Antidepressants – certain antidepressants will help with anxiety. Finding the right one may take weeks or months.
- Benzodiazepines – These are sedatives that often help with anxiety.
- Beta-blockers – originally designed for the heart but can help treat many anxiety-related disorders.
There are also many medications that doctors use for anxiety that are off-label. These medications are meant for conditions like seizure disorders but also have some impact on anxious behavior. Doctors and researchers constantly discover new medications that help those with anxiety disorder.
Managing anxiety is one of the more difficult things to do. Some treatments work for some people. No one size fits all treatment exists since anxiety does not impact people in the same ways. Each of these treatments is known to work on many people.