Fencing is a sensitive and integral part of security planning. It shields homes, commercial, and government structures from intruders or external threats. A barrier offers incredible benefits, whether rural, semi-urban, or urban setup.
A fence should integrate all security features, from intrusion detection technologies to quality materials, durability, reliability, and various designs for maximum security.
There are many types of fences, each claiming to offer maximum security. The big question is, how do you choose the best fence for maximum protection from the many available? The answer to the question is in this post. The article shares the key elements to consider when looking for a security fence and more insights.
The following expert insights will guide you on the security features to look out for before you think of type:
- Lighting and surveillance: lighting mechanisms and security cameras are central considerations for maximum security. Install cameras and lighting at specific points visible to the security team for easy monitoring.
- Fence heights: the higher the fence, the slimmer the chances of trespassers intruding. The maximum vertical dimension for most security fencing is about six to eight feet. However, it can be higher than that. For instance, prison fences can be 14 feet higher or more.
- Top and bottom security considerations: pay attention to the top and bottom parts of the fence since they can be an easy entry level for burglars. Fences that are easy to climb require a barrier like spikes, electric wires, razor coils (you must get authorization from the government to use razor coils), or barbed wires. Likewise, add a rail at the bottom to keep off intruders who can dig under to gain access.
- Gate Sensors: gate sensors control movements in and around the gate. They maintain a high security. For areas with multiple gates, choose the entry and exit points to install sensors.
After considering the features, and choosing the precise material, selecting the correct fencing system becomes undemanding. The following are some of the top security fences with maximum security.
Concrete Security Fencing
Concrete security fencing is the best choice when high-level defense measures are required. Electrical substations and railway yards prefer concrete security fences because their infrastructure is prone to theft. Concrete security fencing is almost 100% impenetrable. Besides that, it has the following advantages:
- It can withstand harsh climate conditions like wind and hurricanes.
- Concrete fences are bullet resistant
- They are soundproof
To install the fence, you need to drill and set the foundations for the concrete posts and then place premade panels in between. To accomplish this task perfectly, a security fence installer in CT can offer you the services without you breaking a sweat.
Iron fencing can be either ornamental iron fencing or wrought iron fencing. The difference between the two is the material they are made of. Ornamental iron fencing is mass-produced from steel, while wrought iron is made from iron which is heated and worked with tools. The latter is more robust and more durable.
Most people prefer iron fencing for professional security gates. Whether the gates are for commercial, home/family, or government, wrought and ornamental iron fencing work well. Just like concrete fencing, iron fencing can withstand harsh weather conditions and are long-lasting. Other advantages include the following:
- Have attractive designs for aesthetic appeal
- They are hard to climb and jump over.
Unlike concrete fencing, ornamental and wrought iron barriers can make yards visible to passersby. The ideal fencing with driveway gates for homes in CT is wrought iron because it’s easily crafted into various intricate shapes.
Wooden fences are popular among homeowners. They are relatively affordable compared to iron fencing. The raw materials for wooden fences are; pine, cypress, redwood, spruce, cedar, etc.
Advantages of wooden fences include:
- Offers complete privacy from outside onlookers
- Come in a variety of styles, colors, and designs.
The only challenge is that their life span is shorter than other fencing types. In addition, they are easily prone to wear and tear and need regular checks and repairs.
Security is paramount in commercial, government, and family homes. Choosing the best type of fencing for maximum protection is a process you should take seriously. Ensure you consider the tips and insights in this article for the proper choice. Maximum security at homes, workplaces, and commercial places brings psychological and physical protection to humans.